Sunday 5 February 2012

Going crazy cray cray with my fisheye and some vintage filters.


As my phone got stolen, my computer was downstairs and I don't own a clock like normal people do, this morning I woke up thinking it was a respectable time to get out of bed. Yeah no. I get downstairs fully dressed and realize it's 5.30 AM - Now any other normal person would go back to bed, but I know myself well enough to realize I'd never have fallen asleep again, so I start roaming around the internet, as you do. 


Then the sun started rising and the sky was all colorful with pink and purple and orange and I was like, 'Woahhhh I gotta go be a cool kid with my fisheye', especially since the lake surrounding our house (we literally live on a little island.. lolz) is all frozen with snow on it so I can go places I usually can't. Excitement! 


I got dressed put on Uggs and a sweater over my PJ's, took my camera and braced the -15°C temperatures because I'm so very bad-ass. It. Was. Cold. To say the least. My hands felt like, lol, jk, no analogy is in order here since I didn't feel my hands. 


At first I was slightly freaked out to step on the ice (... The rest of my family went on the ice yesterday, but just because it held them yesterday does not mean it'll hold me today, thank you very much) - but I conquered my fears and the ice held me, yeahhhbudddy. 


I was getting really into it and started writing the word ice, in the snow, on the ice. When I was finishing up the C I really started to appreciated the fact ice is a three-letter-word because my hands were by now about to freeze and chip off. After this I also decided it was enough for today and went back inside, where I forced my 12 year old brother to hold my hand because he loves doing that and making me feel warm I lied to him and said I'd play Monopoly with him later today. 



As you can see I left my pictures almost completely unedited, just added in some really inconspicuous vintage filters.. You can't tell right? I know, it's amazing editing skills right there, you don't have to tell me, really. Oh you insist? Well if you say so, then yeah, I guess you're right, my ability to take natural-looking photographs is overwhelming. 


Anyways, ciao amigos, I hope you find yourself on a tropical island, rather than one surrounded my a frozen lake. (Wait, if the lake is frozen, is it still and island..? Uhm, je ne sais pas.)

No comments: